ALL DANCEPL3Y WORKSHOPS: Meet the requirements for DPA, Showcase a variety of dance styles, Use an interACTIVE, inclusive and student-centered teaching approach, and Promote positive thinking and mental health.
DANCEPL3Y Workshops are delivered to division-specific groups: K, Grades 1-3, Grades 4-6 and Grades 7-9, with unique movements that are specifically selected to meet curriculum expectations and develop physical literacy and fundamental movement skills according to the children and youth’s developmental phase.
- 1-Day Activation Workshop (K-9)On of our most popular workshops, these one‐day sessions are designed to ignite your students’ love for movement and music. Forget 5-‐6-‐7-‐8 or complex dance moves, these classes are designed for students to experience success and feel motivated to stay active with their classmates. Activation sessions are a great way to launch your curriculum dance unit! Click for more info
- School Residency (K-9)Let us teach your dance unit! DANCEPL3Y Residencies follow the Teaching Dance for Understanding model that allows students to be engaged and active learners as they explore a variety of dance styles. They’ll discover the Elements of Dance, create their own dance moves and work together to prepare a dance performance that shows their understanding of curriculum expectations. Click for more info
- *ENHANCED* School Residency (K-9)Maximize your DANCEPL3Y experience with a comprehensive learning experience that extends the learning from the gym to the classroom. With the Enhanced Residency program, schools receive everything in the 5-day Program PLUS •26 cross curriculum lesson plans for teachers to deliver in the classroom, for all grades in your school. •Pre-Program Video and Lesson Plans. •Enrichment Activities including: The Benefits of Dance for my Body (Grades 1-3), Emotions and Body Language (Grades 4-6) and Bullying/Power Discussion Tool (Grades 7-9). Click for more info
- Community Event: All GradesBook an evening event taught by a DANCEPL3Y Instructor, designed to get families and students active together and/or to showcase of dances learned during the residency program! Click for more info
- Lunch Hour DPA Workshop for School TeachersA 30-‐minute lunch hour workshop for teachers to learn simple Dances for DPA. Includes DPA videos and coaching notes for teachers to get their classrooms active with dance! A perfect Add-on for your Residency Program!
- School-Wide Student PerformanceLooking for a dance program that culminates in a School-Wide Student Performance? Our friends over at SoundKreations have a perfect program for you! Click for more info!